Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I HAVE A REAL BIG PROBLEM. MY FATHER DIED 4 YEARS AGO. HE

Customer Question

HELLO,
I HAVE A REAL BIG PROBLEM. MY FATHER DIED 4 YEARS AGO. HE WORKED FOR HIS BROTHER IN A HEATING AIR CONDITION COMPANY. IM NOT REAL GOOD GOING THREW INHERITANCE OR ANYTHING LAWS. I THINK MY UNCLE STOLE MY DADS MONEY . HE KEEP ME IN THE DARK FOR THREE YEARS . I NEW BEFORE MY DAD DIED HE WENT TO MY UNCLE AND ASK FOR HIS MONEY .WITCH IS HIS PAID VACATION AND SICK PAY FOR 33 YEARS.HE TOLD MYSELF MY SISTER ALSO THEIR MOTHER BUNCH OF OTHER PEOPLE.WHEN ASK FOR IT HE SAID HE COULDNT PAY HIM.2 OR 3 WEEKS LATER HE DIED. HE WAS GOING TO TAKE TO COURT AFTER THEIR MOTHER DIED SHE WAS 97 AND DIDNT WANT TO HAVE HER UPSET ONLY SHE WANTED HIM TO ANYWAY HE STOLE MONEY AND OTHER PROBLEMS.WHEN HE WORKED THERE MY DAD WAS TREADED SO BAD BY HIM WORKERS WOULD TALK ABOUT THEM ALL OVER TOWN .SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF WE CAN SUE HIM FOR ALL MY DADS MONIES THATS OWED . NOT ONLY THAT MORE MONEY HAS NOT BEEN I DIDNT KNOW HOW BAD IT WAS .NOW SINCE THAT NONE OF THIS WAS BROUGHT UP THIS WAS BROUGHT TO ME.
DO I HAVE ANY CASE .
THANK YOU *****
#209817-1257
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

My deepest condolences for your loss.

In what State did this incident take place?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
California

Thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, the Statute of Limitations on filing the lawsuit on behalf of your father has passed. The case needed to be brought within four years of the death of your father. See California Code of Civil Procedure Sections 366.1, 337, and 339.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.