How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41622
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and i noticed that her mom and husband are not able

Customer Question

My wife and i noticed that her mom and husband are not able to take care of themselves, they are unable to take their meds, they do not shower, eating spoiled food, loose the car in parking lots, so she started staying with them to take care of them, after a month plus of being there, her mothers husbands son talked his father into getting a restraining order on my wife and the police came and forced her out of the home. The husband and son are doing what they can to keep my wifes family out because he has been manipulating my wifes mom to sign docoments giving him power over the families estate, he has already forged her name and has depleted numerous investments worth over $500,000.00 plus. Can the family put a elderly abuse restraining order on the husband and his father ?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Lake Havasu City, Arizona
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My wife has medical poa at this time and the family is in the process of obtaining a neurological exam to have her mom tested for inconvenience
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Time is of the essence the family is unable to enter the home and her moms well being is at stake here.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.

You can make application here for guardianship of her person and estate and to be appointed by the court.This allows you to manage her affairs and sue here anyone who took funds.You are going to need a lawyer here to make such application and get emergency orders.You can also involve adult protective services as this is exploitation fo the elderly an they are in danger.

Report here

Our statewide toll-free telephone reporting line is available:
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. / Saturday - Sunday and state holidays 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Lawyer for you here to file for guardianship

Lawyer Referral Directory

Back to map


Maricopa County Lawyer Referral Service
Phoenix, AZ

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Toll free:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Maricopa

Pima County Bar Association LRS
Tucson, AZ

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Counties Served: Pima

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this.You have rights to seek guardianship through the courts and have APS involved.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Related Estate Law Questions