How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9366
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you help my mother died in the midst of a court battle

Customer Question

Can you help my mother died in the midst of a court battle to get her home back from my older sister. My sister was being sued by my mom, the stress did more damage than anyone realized, she died of cardiac arrest and severe sepsis . My name is ***** ***** (###) ###-####JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes it was filed in Fresno county by moms lawyer Nancy Levan
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That order was a complaint and an injunctive relief
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.

If you want to continue the lawsuit you would open probate and the executor would pursue it, the recovery goes to estate and heirs.If you want to let it go do nothing and it will be dismissed here.Those are the options here to resolve the suit under California law. You may want to discuss it with the lawyer if you want to keep it going with the estate and executor.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thank again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I want to be connected to a pro bono probate attorney
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In the Fresno area.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 months ago.

No problem I will opt out here for a California lawyer no need to respond or rate, others will pick this up

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 months ago.

New Expert here.

Did your mother leave a Will?

Has anyone filed a probate case on her estate yet?

Related Estate Law Questions