How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother has severe dementia and sister is caring for her

Customer Question

My mother has severe dementia and sister is caring for her along with the help of my 2 bothers. I gave my sister 20 troy state dollars that were to go to my two oldest children and also jewelry I wanted out of the house due to non trustworthy company. My sister and I got into an argument and she gave some of the troy state dollars to my bother and one to my neice. They said my mother won them in a bingo game and said that they could have they. My mother has not played bingo in several years and the fact that she can't remember from one minute to another is concerning of whether the truth is really what they say. If this is already a problem in the long run I see more issues.
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: florida, panama city
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: They will not show the will to me. and the coins were given to me in the mid 1980s. My jewelry was to be returned along with the coins. The coins were the only inheritance left to my two children,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a nurse of 30 years. now retired. I have been shunned and said I am unstable to care for my mother. I lost a lot to death, totaled car putting dog to sleep, retiring, moving I was unstable for awhile, but I remained to go to my doctor and now counseling. Doing very well, but they do not want anything to do with me
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

What is your question regarding this situation?