Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
7286322

How do I go about contesting a trust ...

Customer Question

Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. This would be by filing a matter in the probate court. The petition would be called Petition to ***** of Trust, Accounting (and possibly) and Remove Trustee.

You can see an example of such a petition HERE (warning, instant download).

This would begin the process.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What kinds of information do I need to include to show that the deceased were lied to so that they would change the trust and that the trustees caused alienation between me and my parents
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

The facts section should have a history of what happened. Written evidence can be attached as Exhibits. Evidence under form of testimony and other versions can be introduced at trial.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE THREE OR MORE STARS and click FINISH to submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.