How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an only cihld my father and mother are deceased,

Customer Question

Good evening I am an only cihld my father and mother are deceased
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: florida
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: the death certificate and policy
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just want to know if i HAVE to open an estate. i really don't want to have to go through the trouble ?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.

Can you provide me a bit more information? What is the value of the estate of your parents? How are the assets titled? You reference a policy...are you referring to an insurance policy? If so, are you the named beneficiary of that policy? Thanks.