LegalGems
LegalGems, Attorney
Experience:  Private Practice; Elder Law Attorney; Estate Planning; Attorney Mentor
63726236

My father recently passed away, three months prior he

Customer Question

My father recently passed away, three months prior he financed a veh for me in his name only and regsisterd in his name in New Hampshire. I want to continue payments and register legally. Thank you
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Other then death certification nothing
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No will he haf no bills or debts mother still alive sister also fo not want veh in question
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 7 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

My sympathies for your family's loss.

Is there a will?

Also, does your mother/sister make any claims to the vehicle?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No will no contesting nor claims. Veh was purchased for me, his son.

Thank you;

then the other heirs (ie spouse, siblings) can "disclaim" any interest in the vehicle, so that it goes to the next in line.

That is explained here:

http://www.courts.state.nh.us/probate/pcprocbulletins/pb0016.pdf

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The veh is financed how can i than register do not have title bank has.

Please see page 56 here:

https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/forms/documents/titlehandbook.pdf

The executor is the only person with the authority to act on behalf of the estate; they can contact the lienholder and request they work with the DMV so that the DMV can make the necessary name change.

The lienholder would have to agree to the assumption of the loan, otherwise the executor would need to use estate assets to pay off the loan.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.
Thanks!

I will be out of the office for the next several days on a personal leave; if you have any questions on the above please post here today and I will respond; otherwise I will respond as soon as I return.

It has been a pleasure to assist. If the information has been useful kindly rate positive so the site may credit my account for my time spent assisting you. Thank you.