How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2 Your Own Question
Attorney2, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6726
Experience:  29 Years in General Practice and Estate Planning
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Attorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I don't understand how much this will cost me to ask the

Customer Question

I don't understand how much this will cost me to ask the question and get an answer.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Thank you.
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: I'm asking about Florida. But I live in Texas.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have nothing. I tried to find a will, but none is in probate. I can't get my step sisters to answer about life insurance.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My mother has alzheimers and is not aware of anything.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. Just to clarify is the person's will that you are trying to obtain still living?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Life insurance or will. My mother is still alive, and when my stepfather died earlier this year, he left money, but I can't find a will. So I need to know how my mother's expenses are being financed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I think he left her money in life insurance that my stepsisters are not telling me about.
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 6 months ago.
Has a personal representative been appointed for your stepfather's estate?
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Since your stepfather died, there needs to be someone that is handling his estate. If he left no will the court will appoint a person to act as the personal representative. When there is a will or trust the will or trust names the person that will be handling the estate. Can you tell me where in Florida the stepfather resided at the time of his death?

Related Estate Law Questions