How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father left a will that is being handled by the estate

Customer Question

Hello. My father left a will that is being handled by the estate and court appointed executor. He left me soley a piece of property in califorinia. I'm in the process of getting it transferred in my name. I've paid my father personally for it along with all the taxes and kept up for the payments for the last year. I also was developing the property since my father and I purchased it. Can they forclose on my property? The estate is located in Wisconsin. There is also a restaurant and my sister withdrew from wanting to be a part of it and we have been negotiating buying her out. Today the attorneys said that she should wait until they have closed on the estate and filed all the values of each item in the estate. Can they take away our rights and sell it out from under us so they can get paid faster?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My brother and I are currently running the restaurant and he is living above it. Do they have to notify us if they are about to move in on it and sell it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
or I should say when do they have to notify us. Before they close on it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 7 months ago.

I am not sure I understand your question. Who might foreclose on the California property? Are you asking if you can assume the existing mortgage on that property (assuming there is one)?

How is title to the California property held?

Is the restaurant in California or Wisconsin? How is title to the restaurant held?