How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I no longer have a family member to be my life insurance

Customer Question

I no longer have a family member to be my life insurance beneficiary. How can I can I change my current life insurance beneficiary to someone I do not know?
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: CA
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have a life insurance policy.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My current beneficiary is no longer valid. I haven no family member that I wish to add.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Have you someone specific in mind to name as beneficiary?

Have you asked the insurance company for the forms needed to name a new beneficiary?

Related Estate Law Questions