How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sisters mother in law passed last year. her husband got a

Customer Question

my sisters mother in law passed last year. her husband got a loan and paid his brothers and sisters part out. The brother turns around since he is a banker and put his name on the deed if something should happen to my sisters husband, not my sisters name. Is this legal
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: west virginia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: the deed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just want to make sure this is legal that you can receive money for your part of the house and turn around then an obtain the house ok
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. My condolences for your loss.

Was there a last will?

Did the husband sign anything to convey his interest in the house?