Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

There are 6 adult children. Both parents have passed away

Customer Question
and there are 3 different...
There are 6 adult children. Both parents have passed away and there are 3 different properties with houses on them. 3 want to sell and 3 want to continue to rent out....one of the properties one of the brothers is living in and the county has said that the siblings have 30 days to come up with a plan to get all of the junk that he has brought in, out of there, or they will start charging them $500 a day. My husband, one of the siblings, can't go to the house (that he owns 1/6 of) because his brother that' s living there called the police on him because he wanted to start cleaning it up to put it up for sale. We don't know what to do at this point. Please help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
11/20/2016
Estate Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Kathryn,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, you can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Whose names are ***** ***** deeds to these properties?

2. Did anyone every bother to probate the estate of the last surviving parent after they passed?

3. Are you telling me that the actual deeds to these 3 properties are in the names of all 6 siblings as tenants in common?

4. How is it that they county is threatening all the siblings with fines? What notice to each of the siblings has been provided by the county?

5. What kind of junk are you referring to that has been brought to the property?

6. How long has the one property been resided in by a sibling?

7. Did the sibling have a lease agreement for the property before the death of the last surviving parent?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi Kathryn,

Thanks for asking for a call. I would be happy to call you. I will need for you to click on the "Call Me" button on your screen to process the call request.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Doug

Are you still there? You clearly want a call, and I can do that, but again, you must click on the "Call Me" button on your screen to process the call request. I look forward to speaking with you,

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

You must click on the "Call Me" button on your screen to process the call request.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry, I have had to leave and have not been able to stay on....we are getting ready to go to church now...can I call tomorrow evening...and do I just stay on this page until the call goes through?

Yes, I will be working tomorrow, probably until about 8:00 PM, your time.

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry have to wait until my husband is home so he can participate in the convo, but we are home at different times...so will just write it...all six children's names are on the deed of all properties ...only the brother is a tenant...there is no lease agreement that we know of. He was living with his mom and when she passed away they wanted to rent the property out and it took forever and bribing of 2500 dollars to get him out, and then he just moved in with his dad about 6 months before he passed away land pays $500 a month to live there..it was 200 but they told him he needed to pay more rent so they gave him a raise in what he was being paid to "maintain" house and attached rentals and collect rent.a raise of $300. He has been there now about 2 1/2 years. The property has gone through probate..the junk is like 6 inoperable boats that he says he will make sea worthy and 2 camper tops, small odd and ends that he has bought at thrift stores, and things left from his parents before they passed away.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The notice came registered mail from the county with pictures of back yard

Hi Kathryn,

When I said I'd be available until about 8PM your time, I was basing that on the state you said is related to the question---Florida, and not the west coast. I do not work to 11PM EST.

Your situation is sufficiently complex that my ability to understand the myriad facts and parties involved is not practical to obtain in written form, as is evidenced by your attempt to respond to my 7 initial requests for information. Your expectation of help is entirely dependent on me having a tremendous amount of information---information that I am not prepared to spend a week or more trying to ferret out through writing back and forth (I would note that this conversation has already spanned nearly 48 hours).

If you would like me to call so that I can get the information I need and provide some assistance, I am happy to do that. If you no longer want a call, then I will opt out of the question.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Doug

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney