How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get medical records of my deceased mother? To

Customer Question

How can I get medical records of my deceased mother? To prove she had dementia before her Will was done? The doctor's office said I would need a COA? Where do I get this and How?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: South Carolina
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. My mother has been dead for 2 years. My aunt was over the Will and no longer wanted to be. The Will states that the house, which my family and I are living in, will be sold and split between her children. The Will was done in November of 2011 and she was diagnosed with dementia September of 2009.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My sister is taking my to court to become the executor of the Will so she can sale the house. I was told that if I can prove she had dementia before the Will was done the Will would be null and void. I am on disability and really can not afford rent. I had 2 strokes in 2011 and wasn't able to go back to work and lost my house. That's when we moved in my mother's home. We took care of her for several months before she past away.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

My deepest sympathies for your loss.

What are you referring to as "COA?"

Thank you for the information.