Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

My dad died in april my cousin became executor of will

Customer Question
because he was an alternet...
my dad died in april my cousin became executor of will because he was an alternet anyway I asked to see books after dad died and my cousin immediately obtained a lawyer with our dads money my sister and I our sole beneficiariesmy dad had a lot of money now he served us papers saying he is trustee hes putting all my dads money from different accounts inti this trust hes being secretive about this I recently received a pour over will from his lawyer dated 2003 saying my dad gave everything to my cousin to add to and distribute it says handle the will and affairs now he has a pour over will dated 2003 in which everything is bestowed to him no one shall fight it or they get 1 and it says it takes the place of other will how is it that he was just appointed a few months ago to
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He has a lawyer we are waiting for probate
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing has been settled yet but he wont show me the books and hes being secretive and this pour over will seems phony is it legal
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
11/14/2016
Estate Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Generally, a Trustee is required to give an accounting of the trust usually annually. A beneficiary is entitled to know how the financials are being handled. You can ask follow up questions.

Hello again! Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars for the service I provided to you. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney