How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My parent's house was in a revocable trust (with me as

Customer Question

My parent's house was in a revocable trust (with me as trustee and also I'm executor) and they are now both deceased. The house was left to 3 different individuals. We now wish to transfer title of the house to their grandchild (who is not a beneficiary) and all three of the beneficiaries have signed off. Can I (as trustee) quitclaim the house to the Grandchild? This is in Siskiyou County, California
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have their trust, death certificates for both, signed paperwork from the beneficiaries signing their interest over to me (the trustee and executor)
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am also trying to preserve the chapter 13 that the house is currently under
JA: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?
Customer: I am in California and nothing has been officially filed on the house. The rest of the estate has been distributed.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

IF the trust owned/held title to the property (parents home), then the trustee can transfer title from the trust to a non-beneficiary so long as the trustee AND beneficiaries agree to the transaction.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Thus, the trust would likely need to pass a resolution to transfer the trust asset out of the trust, and have the trustee and the beneficiaries sign off on the resolution.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for your question and please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Related Estate Law Questions