How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wish to claim my deceased husbands inheritance in

Customer Question

wish to claim my deceased husbands inheritance in Lebanon...the family is asking me to do this as they do not want his older brother to do this...i have his death certificate (Canadian citizenship) and our marriage license. We were married in the US: I am a US citizen living in Florida. Please let me know ASAP so I can get the process started.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: No
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not from my side but the family contacted me as we are on very good terms. I do not know how far my brother-in-law has gone. The family told me I would have preference over him.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Could this by phone?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Would like to explain why the family does not want my brother-in-law to claim the property.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

I need to see if I understand the facts correctly. You are a US citizen. Your husband was a Canadian citizen. He had property in Lebanon. You want to obtain the property in Lebanon. Is this correct? What property is it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
land and an apartment
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

If it is property in Lebanon, you would have to open an estate proceeding in Lebanon where the land and apartment are located. Have you attempted to do this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My brother-in-law has caused many serious problems for the family. They
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

I see. Is there a specific follow up question you have? Have you attempted to contact an attorney in Lebanon?