How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41013
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom past in april. I cared for her for 12 years. why does

Customer Question

hi. my mom past in april. I cared for her for 12 years. why does my brother, the trustee get $80K toward trustee fees and I get nothing for giving up my life for 12 years
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: california
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I don't understand
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i put $60-70K in landscaping improvements on her this considered unjust enrichment and does the estate owe me this? my brother thinks it should be rent for 12 years when I was never paid to care for her around the clock
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

I would submit a bill or your work and the expenses you incurred here to the trustee.If the trustee denies the claim you will have to sue the trust and seek a judgment.You have rights to be a creditor against the trust.You have some great facts if the trustee denies the claim then you can sue here.

California allows small claims suits up to $10k you can file without a lawyer if necessary here.

You have right here to seek compensation for the work you performed during this time. I hope you will pursue this starting with demand letter to trustee and sue if you have too in order to get reimbursement.I am so sorry for the loss of your parent.

Thanks again.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 months ago.

If you can positive rate it is much appreciated, thanks again.

Related Estate Law Questions