Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

We cashed my dads one life insurance policy in. I had

Customer Question
provided my POA, his daughter...
We cashed my dads one life insurance policy in. I had provided my POA, his daughter. My dad has now passed unexpectedly on Nov 4. I received the check today dated Nov 2, in my dads name. Can I still cash this check, or deposit it into mom/dads account since mom is executor.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/5/2016
Estate Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You can deposit the check into your mother's account because as his spouse and executor she will be entitled to the funds.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer