How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116711
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in need of the services of an attorney in Fort Wayne,

Customer Question

I am in need of the services of an attorney in Fort Wayne, Indiana, to help me with my claim against the following case processed by the Probate Division of Allen Superior Court:
William L. Swain, the Estate of
Case Number ***** 10-ES-000064
Amount of my claim: $3,000.00.
I found out through the court’s website that the case has been closed, but I have never heard anything from the administrator or the court. My friend William (“Bill”) died of mesothelioma, and he received large monetary settlements before and after his death. The administrator, ***** *****, Bill’s stepbrother, was friendly and receptive to my claim, and we chatted by phone from time to time. At some point, he became very frustrated because there was a bitter struggle over the estate going on in the family and everybody “was all lawyered up”, as Jack put it. Going for*****, ***** never responded to any further communication from me.
I have the following documentation:
My letter stating my claim, dated 9/17/14, to Jack [E. King], the administrator
USPS receipt, dated 9/17/14, for Certified Mail
USPS Tracking document, confirming delivery on 9/20/14
Notice of Supervised Administration for appointment of Jack E. King 10/21/14, sent 12/3/14
My letter, re-stating my claim, to Clerk of the Allen Circuit and Superior Courts
I know my claim is small, but I would certainly be willing to incur some legal expense to find out what happened with my claim, and if my claim was mishandled, whether I have any recourse at this point to recover what is owed to me.
Douglas Munro
830 El Dorado Pkwy W
Cape Coral, FL 33914Tel.:(###) ###-####Email:***@******.***
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I understand. I will follow your reference to hg and/or lexmundi. Thanks.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. Best wishes.