How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalGems Your Own Question
LegalGems, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10224
Experience:  Private Practice; Elder Law Attorney; Estate Planning; Attorney Mentor
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
LegalGems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to find all assets an insurance polices of deceased

Customer Question

Trying to find all assets an insurance polices of deceased father
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 10 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  LegalGems replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss;

the easiest way is to hire a private investigator as they have a database subscription where they can search public records to determine where the person may have property based on past addresses/employment/associations.

With the internet, private investigators are much more affordable than they were a decade ago. unfortuantely we cannot give specific referrals.

There are many websites where one can locate treasury bonds, unclaimed property (including life insurance proceeds), etc.

Please see:

One can also take the official documents (ie Letters testamentary) to the known financial institutions to get copies of banking information-this can lead to other information-such as checks written to life insurance companies, deposits from annuities, etc.

Also, going through the person's personal effects can result in a trove of information.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 10 months ago.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;
if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answer.

Expert:  LegalGems replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.
I hope the information provided was useful.

Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site: