How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118200
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there a fee to answer my question? okay. I'd like to

Customer Question

is there a fee to answer my question?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Estate Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: okay. I'd like to subpoena my dad's bank statement and history since the Administrator (my sister) will not provide it. She states that she is co-owner and there was little cash left when he died. I'd like to know how she was added as well. We are going through a very simple probate with one sole asset, the home.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?
Customer: it has not yet been issued. I'd like to issue it and I have it in my hand. I'm in california
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: just the probate case number
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If probate is opened you can serve a subpoena on the bank for records, but if you have a probate challenge in CA, you will need a local attorney to file a motion to contest the probate in the court. So once you get the bank records by subpoena you would need an attorney to challenge the probate in court and if she used undue influence on your dad to make him put her name on all of the accounts then you can get the court to force her to return all of the money she obtained from those accounts.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.