Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
19305272

My dad's wife of 45 year has died. HIS name was never put on

Customer Question

My dad's wife of 45 year has died. HIS name was never put on the house in washington state. Her will states that her children get the house. Doesn't he have rights to the house no matter what the will says. Something he was not aware of
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Was the house purchased during the marriage?

.

Did they both contribute to paying for it?

.

Or was it an inherited property or property that the wife owned prior to marriage?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No and yes
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Call me(###) ###-####

Ok, I asked 3 questions and you responded "no and yes" so I don't know which questions you responded to...

.

I am sorry but I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website. I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible.

.

However, if you wish to have a phone call with an attorney, you can post a request for "additional services" and your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though if you can provide me with the information I requested..

.

1. Was the house purchased during the marriage?

.

2. Did they both contribute to paying for it?

.

3. Or was it an inherited property or property that the wife owned prior to marriage?

.

.

thanks