How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking for an attorney to handle a case that involves

Customer Question

I am looking for an attorney to handle a case that involves someone who claimed to be a relative and took control of my elderly cousins finances. This occurred in 1999, so I am not sure if the statute of limitations have ran its course. My cousin, a veteran, transitioned in 1999. We did not find out he was ill to the point where he was on life support and they were planning to 'plug the plug'. This is when we were made aware of what had occurred. He wanted to be buried in the Veterans Cemetry, and left money for his remains to be moved there if it was not opened. He was buried without a headstone. We were finally able to have someone at the veterans administration to provide us with the paperwork in order to have one placed. ... My father was terminally ill at the time and was unable to do anything. We weren't able to get anywhere with them because his alleged 'niece and daughter' were his 'only' relatives. My cousin did not have any children and these two individuals (sisters who are of no relation) have information regarding our kinship, especially those who are of Indian descendant and we would like to press charges against them, but I don't know what steps we need to take.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry about that, I am in Massachusetts
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not to my knowledge. The one claiming to be his niece was a police officer at the time and we believe that she used her position as influence
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We have another relative in Michigan who is willing to provide more information. They wanted me to ask around because of the distance.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 11 months ago.

I understand that you want an attorney. Just Answer is not a law firm. We can discuss the issues though. But if you are looking for attorneys to help you, you need to find an attorney in the location where your elder cousin lived and where his estate proceeding was handled. If you give me the state and county, I may be able to find a referral service number for you. We can also discuss the issues here if you want to do so.