How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 56560
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been advised to call Probate court in Worcester, MA

Customer Question

I have been advised to call Probate court in Worcester, MA to get medical record from Brigham and Women's Hospital in regards ***** ***** deceased daughter who passed away 6 years ago. I have full custody of her children and need her medical records as certain things have arisen with the children the medical records may clear up. I have been told that I am not the executor of the estate, so I have no power to receive such records. Her husband,as far as I know, is in jail, and if he is out I have no contact with him. He has lost visitation rights and I feel that I should be able to acquire her medical records because of the circumstances.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Worcester, MA
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Her death certificate, custody records for the children. What else would I need?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what do I do to get those records from the hospital
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

The hospital should release the records to a patient or someone otherwise granted authority by power of attorney or estate representative appointment. If needed, the court can be asked to issue a subpoena for said records, which amounts to a court order.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Thank you in advance.

Related Estate Law Questions