Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

I WAS CARETAKER FOR BEALL WHO DIED IN JULY. SHE HAD NO

Customer Question

HI MY NAME GLORIA, I WAS CARETAKER FOR SHARON BEALL WHO DIED IN JULY. SHE HAD NO FAMILY NOR KIDS. SHE SIGNED A DEED TO HER HOUSE HERE IN PINETOP WHERE I RESIDE NOW. SHE SIGNED HER TITLE TO HER CAR TO ME. SHE HAD A POA AND OF COURSE IT WENT WITH HER. SHE SIGNED A WILL, NO WITNESESS NOR NOTORIZED. I TOOK CARE OF HER FUNERAL. I HAVE BILL PILED UP FOR HER. QUESTION SHE HAS AN ACCOUNT WITH BOA I WAS WONDERING IF I CAN FILL OUT A REPRESENTATIVE FORM TO GET ACCESS TO HER ACCOUNT, WHICH SHE WANTED ME TO HAVE. SHE HIRED AN ATTORNEY IN CHANDLER SHE WENT AGAINST WHAT SHARON WANTED DONE. WE WENT TO COURT AND JUDGE DISMISSED IT, AND I HAVEN'T HEARD FROM HER. ANY SUGGESTIONS.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: IN ARIZONA,
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: SHE FILED A PETITION FOR APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL ADMINISTRATOR
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I JUST HAVE A POA AND A WILL NOT NOTARIZED
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

SHE HIRED AN ATTORNEY IN CHANDLER SHE WENT AGAINST WHAT SHARON WANTED DONE

.

Who is "she" and "her"? Are you saying someone else is trying to claim her estate?

.

Has anyone been appointed to settle Sharon's estate?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Allyson Snow attorney in chandler. As far as i know no one is appointed. She wanted me.

Ok, there is nothing that would prevent you from filing a petition to be appointed as Administrator of her estate. The POA expired on her death, so it is no good. And if there were no witnesses to the will, it is invalid as well.

.

So unfortunately, you wouldn't stand to inherit anything as a matter of law, but you could submit a creditor claim for anything that you have paid on behalf of the estate. Whoever her heirs at law are are the ones who would inherit her estate, whatever is left over after any debts and expenses are paid.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks