How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im the trustee for my recently deceased fathers estate. I

Customer Question

Im the trustee for my recently deceased fathers estate. I want to assume the loan on his house but the bank wants court approved documentation. The point of the trust was to stay out of probate now it seems im going there anyway unless i leave the loan in trust in his name.
JA: Have any legal documents been prepared or filed in this matter?
Customer: The trust has been recorded
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Copies of the trust and death certs and the deed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also there are bank accounts that where not listed in the trust.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Just to be clear, you want the house title and mortgage taken out of the trust and changed to your name?

Related Estate Law Questions