How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] - How can I get help in Calif to make

Customer Question

Second opinion] - How can I get help in Calif to make lawyers handling the estate of Rosina ******, pay me the 15.000 dollars owed me. The bequest was 20.000 and the lawyers paid me only 5.000. Mrs ****** left a big fortune and I can't do much from N Y.
Jorge ****** ********** *******************
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello Jorge. I see that your prior expert has opted out. Perhaps I can be of assistance. Can you tell me a little more about the status of the estate proceeding. How long ago was the date of death of the person whose estate is being administered? Have you been made aware of any estate proceedings, in particular, what led up to the $5000 partial payment. Have you been made aware of any problems in the administration of the estate? I will offer you premium service in the way of a telephone conference. If you accept the offer then our contact information will be made available, and I will be available only for the next two hours tonight, or tomorrow morning. I am on Eastern time.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mrs. Nesbitt died in LA about 3 years ago. I received documents including copy of the will from the lawyers Robertson+LUM LLP at***** LA Cal90024-3403. My bequest is 20.000 dollars. 2 years later they sent me 5.000 as a partial payment (literally) and after that. nothing. No replies to my e mails. I smell rat. The frotune of Mrs. Nesbitt is hiuge.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'd like to know your location, I need help from a LA lawyer
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 11 months ago.

I am not in LA so I will opt out.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####