How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 56568
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to contest a will in the state of Georgia. My mother

Customer Question

I want to contest a will in the state of Georgia. My mother died on October 8, 2016, and she deleted three family members from her will. What is the procedure to contest the late Agnes M. Alexander's will. At the time of the will, she was 92 years old. She was not medically and mentally stable during the modifications of her will. There is no logical reason for deleting the following biological family members.
***** ***** Alexander - 1st born (son)
***** ***** - 3rd born (son)
***** ***** - 8th born (daughter)
The above family members are not criminals, and we were unaware of the information in the will. I (Elizabeth) bought her gifts and gave her money for several years. Thank you in advance.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry for your loss. You can seek to contest on ground of error, lack of capacity, improper execution.

Often when a child is disinherited the parent not only removes the child, but in the will expressly refers to doing so and states a reason.

Given advanced age, and absence of that, worth attempting through local estate counsel, often by sending a letter to the executor and counsel, and if needed filing objections in court.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Kindly let me know if that is acceptable.

If I can clarify anything, reply and let me know

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

thanks in advance.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 9 months ago.

Please rate me 5 stars.

Related Estate Law Questions