How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2555
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I file suit against an international law firm for

Customer Question

How do I file suit against an international law firm for breach of agreement?
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Montana
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: A letter from the principal partner stating they would accept to be sued for breach of agreement.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can email the letter to whomever.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I will review your question. I may need to clarify facts first. I will answer & we can discuss issues.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 9 months ago.

Is there a written agreement? Is so, does it mention what jurisdiction or law applies?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have several emails always promising 'this next step will be the last'.
I do not read anything regarding what jurisdiction applies.
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 9 months ago.

Okay. So most likely you can bring the suit in Montana bring a civil claim for breach of contract. You would have to arrange for service of the summons and complaint on the defendant. If the defendant has an office in Montana, then you can serve the office. If not, you would want to check to see if the company is registered in Montana and who is accepting process. for it. If not registered, then you would have to arrange for international service.

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 9 months ago.

Hello: I have not heard back from you. I am following up to see if you still need further help. If so, please let me know. If not, I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love you to give me a 5 star rating for the service I provided to you.. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus too! Best regards.