How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the executor to my parents home that is paid off and

Customer Question

i am the executor to my parents home that is paid off and they both are deceased. will i need to hire an attorney to work with a realtor or can the realtor handle everything and split up the sale money amongst my siblings and I?
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: california
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: i have the trust and the will
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my 2 brothers live in the property along with my neice...i would like to sell the home and close the estate
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you. My condolences for your loss.

Has an estate been opened in probate?

Expert:  Loren replied 9 months ago.

Are you online with me?