Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Attorney
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
63724254

My Mother passed 9/18/16..She left a will that gave the

Customer Question

My Mother passed 9/18/16..She left a will that gave the family home to my Sister. There are 3 of us. This is a house that my Dad had built in 2002. He passed in 4/2013. Can she do this. We all took care of her. My Dad also has 2 other kids outside of the marriage. Can she do this.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 9 months ago.

A person can distribute their estate in the manner of their choosing. However, if you have reason to believe the will was entered into due to undue influence or coercion, that would be a reason to contest the will and get the will invalidated as to that portion.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answers so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This was not helpful at all.

I think you are looking for the answer "she cannot do that and you are entitled to the house" but that would be inaccurate. Good luck to you and I hope you find the answer you are looking for.