How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2020 Your Own Question
Attorney2020, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2578
Experience:  Estate planning and wealth preservation attorney.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Attorney2020 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Mother passed 9/18/16..She left a will that gave the

Customer Question

My Mother passed 9/18/16..She left a will that gave the family home to my Sister. There are 3 of us. This is a house that my Dad had built in 2002. He passed in 4/2013. Can she do this. We all took care of her. My Dad also has 2 other kids outside of the marriage. Can she do this.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 9 months ago.

A person can distribute their estate in the manner of their choosing. However, if you have reason to believe the will was entered into due to undue influence or coercion, that would be a reason to contest the will and get the will invalidated as to that portion.

I hope that helped. Please ask any follow-up questions. Please rate my answers so that I may be credited for my time. I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This was not helpful at all.
Expert:  Attorney2020 replied 9 months ago.

I think you are looking for the answer "she cannot do that and you are entitled to the house" but that would be inaccurate. Good luck to you and I hope you find the answer you are looking for.

Related Estate Law Questions