How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My father just passed away and I am the trustee for the

Customer Question

my father just passed away and I am the trustee for the living trust. I have a copy of this trust but am having trouble finding the power of attorney section. I see power of attorney for health care... but not for financial... But there is a section called "Our Trustee's Powers" which includes execution of documents, investment powers, banking powers, business powers, etc. Is that the section I need to show, for example to the post office to get my father's mail forwarded to me?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have sent a death certificate and the living trust to the Officer of the Register of Wills and asked them to file the will.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Every trust is drafted from scratch (unless they used a form). Is there any way you can attach a copy of the trust to your response?