How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117371
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a card holder, resident of new York state and I'm a

Customer Question

I'm a green card holder, resident of new York state and I'm a citizen of the state of Israel. I would like to have a postnuptial between me and my wife on both my assets across the united states and in Israel. my questions :1. How do I make such a postnuptial that covers both the U.S. and other countries?
2. Do I need to have a notary?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The post nuptial agreement made in the US may be recognized recognized by the courts in Israel, but it is not a guarantee. The best way to do this across two countries though is you need to have a post nuptial agreement in each country. In the US, the post nuptial agreement does not need to be notarized, but it should be, and the agreement should cover all property in the US. The Israel post nuptial should cover all property in Israel. In both post nuptial agreements you need to refer to the other post nuptial that would cover all property in the other country.