How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2 Your Own Question
Attorney2, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6720
Experience:  29 Years in General Practice and Estate Planning
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Attorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

First of all I haven't much money, but my wife passed at

Customer Question

First of all I haven't much money, but my wife passed at Stanford in Pleasenton, the manor in which it was done is beyond horrible, she suffered needlessly for days as well as my self having to deal with the ongoing pain and hardship of them keeping her alive. I want to sue the hospital for the horrable treatment she, and I had to go through
key is, at one point in time they told me they would increase the dosage of her pain medicine, she will just go to sleep, this is what she ask for as well. It begain, i was told they had done this before and it may take some time so I went to eat something when I came back the night nurse had changed everything and reduced the pain medicine. She lived another 3 days in horable pain while i watched her drown in her own mucus.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 9 months ago.

I am so sorry for your loss and how the hospital handled the situation.

There are several avenues that you can take in this matter. You can file a complaint with the State against the hospital and you also have a lawsuit against them if you would be interested in pursuing this in court. Generally Attorneys will agree to a contingency fee arrangement so you would not have to pay the attorney unless they were able to settle the matter or win the case.

I would certainly advice the State and The U.S. Department of Health of the situation.

Can you verify with me that this question pertains to California?

If so, this is a link to file with the State

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 9 months ago.

You would file at the Federal level with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services at

If you can tell me you are located I can provide a link for Attorneys that provide FREE consultations and work on a contingency fee basis?

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter as it would be my pleasure to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.

The Attorneys on the site do not receive credit for their time or work if the customer does not rate us positively. There is no additional charge to you for a positive rating and you can still receive a refund. Thank you for your consideration.