How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I and my wife have custody of my grand daughter. My son

Customer Question

Hello, I and my wife have custody of my grand daughter. My son recently passed away. What do I or my wife have to do to become executor of her estate. (she is only 12 years old)
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: I am in the state of va
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: we do have the documents from the courts giving us custody and I have my son's death certificate
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: trying look at this a choice two states. i still live in va and my wife is in ala
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.

Is there a will?