How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41027
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My lste husband and i made a living trust. now some has come

Customer Question

my lste husband and i made a living trust. now some has come up with a warritty deed that was not regristered claiming they have rights to money from sale of property
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please give me a few minutes to write a response and identify any additional resources for you.

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation - if someone has recorded a fraudulent or false deed against property that you own or have an interest in, your cause of action is for "Quiet Title"

Unfortunately, this is a somewhat complex civil cause of action and you are going to be well advised to retain a lawyer to represent you in this matter - as this is not something that you are going to want to do on your own - but it is also possible to try to resolve these matters through alternative dispute resolution (mediation/negotaition) before you have to file a lawsuit - which a lawyer can assist you with as well.

However, if you do not want to retain a lawyer, you can pursue this claim on your own. To do so, I recommend that you visit your local law library and review a series of books called "Practice Guides" - these are handbooks used by attorneys to help with procedure and litigation tips - they give information on how to file and steps that you must follow to avoid having your claim dismissed on procedural grounds - as well as usually having templates and forms to use in your pleading. (You are going to have to draft (write) your pleadings - this is not the kind of case where there are going to be forms that you can fill out or check the box on).

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
not the correct facts for my situation
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am going to be stepping away from my computer in about 5 minutes, it appears that you are going to need to post some additional information and I do not want you to have to wait for a reply.

I am going to "opt out" and another expert can assist you, but please post a little more information about your matter so that the issue is clarified.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 9 months ago.

Ray here a new expert, can you give me more information here about the deed.Is this one that was forged or what?Some more information about what is incorrect please.

Related Estate Law Questions