How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 55711
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom and dad had a lot at Hot Springs Village. My dad and

Customer Question

My mom and dad had a lot at Hot Springs Village. My dad and mom have both passed away. My brother sister and I now own all property in Texas, and has beed through probate in Wood Co. Texas. My sister is the executor as stated in Letters Testamentary. We have a seperate account set up for the estate with independant tax ID. How do ownership of the Deed to the Ar. lot changed to either my mom's estate or all three of our names. The estate (one name seems to be best). I live in Rowlett, Texas, my sister lives in Quitman, Texas, and my brother lives in Travelers Rest s.c. I was planning a trip Oct. 4th to Hot Springs and would like to see if I coould get this done. My sister can't travel,so she will give me power of attorney.
thank for you help
Darrell McKenzie
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

What you'll need to do is to file a petition in Arkansas for an ancillary probate proceeding in Arkansas to allow the transfer of title to the Arkansas property to beneficiaries under the will. An ancillary probate proceeding basically piggy backs off the probate proceeding in Texas to give the executor the authority to transfer title to the Arkansas real property. Typically, you can simply have an Arkansas lawyer handle this for you without anyone actually having to appear in Arkansas.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!