How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The wife is dead and the husband needs to take her name off

Customer Question

The wife is dead and the husband needs to take her name off the home where does he go to do this
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: marriage add papers from probate court
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Is the husband the executor of the estate? Thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

And, I'm presuming that simply both names are ***** ***** title with no specific designation such as "joint tenants with right of survivorship" or "tenants by entirety." Is that correct?