How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2241
Experience:  Experience in estate planning including wills, trusts and succession planning.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In California (Alameda County), can you ask for an

Customer Question

In California (Alameda County), can you ask for an accounting prior to the end of the probate. There is a concern that the administrator is improperly taking funds from the estate deposit account.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: The administrator is spending way above his means. He bought a brand new Mercedes, is buying expensive suits, and took a trip to Las Vegas.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just simply want to know if we can promptly get an accounting with respect to this deposit account.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. Yes an interested party may petition the court for an accounting, this is provided for under probate code 10950 see

Unfortunately a request for an accounting is not a standard form provided by the California probate court online. You may contact the probate court clerk to determine if they can provide a form. If not, online form banks such as uslegalform or legalzoom have pleading and petition forms.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time.

Expert:  J. Warren replied 10 months ago.

Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).