Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Do I need to Probate a vehicle in Texas? My mother recently

Customer Question
passed away last month. She...
Do I need to Probate a vehicle in Texas? My mother recently passed away last month. She had her financial affairs in good order with no outstanding debts. A deed upon death was signed for her house several months prior to her passing away and filed with the county clerk's office in Dallas. My brother and I are the beneficiaries of her will as well as for the beneficiaries deed for her house. We did not need to go through probate for her house due to the beneficiaries deed and it has been recently sold. The only property we have need to address now is her car. My question is do we need to go through probate for the car or is there another way to have the vehicle legally transferred to the beneficiaries (my brother and I). I am the executor of the will. Thanks, JB
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
9/16/2016
Estate Lawyer: originallawyer, Attorney replied 1 year ago
originallawyer
originallawyer, Attorney

Thanks for your question! I am working on your answer. This service is for information only. I cannot give you legal advice. Please stand by!

Yes, you will need to at least get a muniment of title from the probate court. The tax office will not put the car in your names without documentation from a probate court showing that you are the heirs.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the information. I am satisfied with the answer.

thank you!

originallawyer
originallawyer
originallawyer, Attorney