How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If my Father gave his name to a child not his at birth

Customer Question

If my Father gave his name to a child not his at birth because she was pregnant when they met and never actually provided a home for him other than passing him off to different relatives and was never legally adopted. Does he have any legal standing?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question, conduct and prepare your response.

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 10 months ago.

Did he sign the birth certificate/affidavit of paternity?Vital statistics requires him to sign affidavit to but his name on birth certificate.Please give me more information so I may assist, assuming they were not married at time either?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.