How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9329
Experience:  Since 1983
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the law, in N.Y. state, when a person dies, has no

Customer Question

What is the law, in N.Y. state, when a person dies, has no spouse, and no children, but is coerced into signing over a co-op apartment and insurance policies to one or more persons (a mother and a daughter), that is no relation at all, but the person has siblings?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

If the person was coerced into signing documents against his or her desires, the documents can be set aside based on menace, duress, undue influence and possibly for other reasons.

You can get a free consultation from some of the NY probate attorneys listed by location here.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.