How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7406
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

According to Louisiana Law does a family trust fund

Customer Question

According to Louisiana Law does a family trust fund agreement drawn up by an attorney, need to be filed in the courthouse, in order to be legal.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and thanks for using Just Answer. I Will Be the Expert Assisting You This Afternoon. The answer to your question is no. Trusts are legal as soon as they are properly executed and witnessed according to the laws of the states where they are being used.Trust are private contracts. The Trust or an abstract from the trust may be recorded in the counties where trust property, particularly real estate is situated. That recording does not have anything to do with legality of the trust though, it Done to give notice to the public of the ownership of immovable property. A trust can be docketed in the probate court of the county where property of the trust is involved if there is a dispute or disagreement among the trustee and beneficiaries which the court is asked to intervene in. Here is an excellent discussion of Louisiana trust law which you might find helpful.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.