How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33005
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother established a revocable living trust. she has

Customer Question

My mother established a revocable living trust. she has passed. She made me and my sister co-trustees. I understand the trust needs a new federal EIN, but the Form ss-4 only asks for information from one trustee. How do I report the trust has co-trustees, or does that really matter since the IRS will have info on one trustee for tax purposes?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

You only need to disclose one trustee for the SS-4. Otherwise, the IRS does not care how many trustees there are since the trust is an independent tax reporting entity from the trustees.

Related Estate Law Questions