How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3170
Experience:  Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seeking a real estate attorney to protect my interests.

Customer Question

I am seeking a real estate attorney to protect my interests. My deceased wife's children are claiming an equal share of our house under a tenants in common provision.My wife made preliminary financial provisions to buy our house even before we were married. She died eight years ago and had left a will which also was made up before she even met me. Recently I found that her maiden name was still on the title so I contacted her son who had acted as executor of her estate. This was the first contact I had with him since she died at which time the tenants in common provision came to light. My wife and I took out a mortgage on the house so that we could make a down payment on a condo. She died within a year. Do any of these facts have any impact on the tenants in common clause or is it still valid regardless of any subsequent activity?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 10 months ago.

Hello there --


This is a question and answer service and we do not represent clients privately. I can give you some direction on your situation if you want to continue here. MARY

Related Estate Law Questions