How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 56536
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband passed away this month and I want to remove his

Customer Question

My husband passed away this month and I want to remove his name from the property deed. We have a Joint Tenancy with survivorship warranty deed. Although I know the ownership transfers to me upon death, I want to make sure his name is ***** ***** the deed. I was told that a new deed is needed.Can you tell me what type or the name of the deed that is needed so I can secure this property right away. I only have social security and can not afford an attorney.
I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks
Catherine Drummer
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.

You have a couple of options. The easiest is to leave the deed as is. It can be kept as is and then would be changed if and when you want to sell.

If you prefer to update the deed, you would do an executor or adminstrator deed transferring title to yourself.

This can be done easily and filed with land records.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.

If I can clarify anything, ask me.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Related Estate Law Questions