Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Both of my husband's parents have passed away with in a year

Customer Question
and a half of each...
both of my husband's parents have passed away with in a year and a half of each other what were trying to do is keep the home in the family by trying to buy the home but the problem is they had a Reverse Mortgage on the home and what we have to do is put it in probate with an attorney to buy us time to save up enough money to be able to either close or put a down payment on the home and we are limited on funds for paying for an attorney we really could use your help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
8/29/2016
Estate Lawyer: Maverick, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Please know that we are not permitted to represent JA's customers or refer to them any particular attorney; however, let me see what I can do to assist you and I will be back.

What county did the parents live in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oakland county

You may want to read this link to help get you up to speed on how a probate works.

This link will give you the forms that can be used in your county. You can try to open the probate yourself with the help of these forms and the instructions above.

Here is the fees table.

This link may help you find a probate lawyer in your area.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney