Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

In 1997, my parents paid for all their funeral expenses with

Customer Question
an irrevocable trust. This was...
In 1997, my parents paid for all their funeral expenses with an irrevocable trust. This was not for a medicaid spend down. In 2015 I got them on Medicaid and also a Medicaid waiver. My father just pasted away on 8/21/2016. My Mother changed the funeral proceedings and it didn't cost as much as they originally paid. Does the difference come back to her, or does it go to Medicaid? St. Joe County, IN
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
8/29/2016
Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Was the trust specifically set up just for father or does it cover mother as well?

.

Does the trust specify where any surplus funds go after the trust purpose is fulfilled?

.

.

thanks

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney