How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can my spouse go out with one or all of our children for

Customer Question

Can my spouse go out with one or all of our children for hours until late night without telling me where they are? Lately I went out and left him with one of the kid, the baby. When I came back 3 hours later mid-afternoon, the house was empty. I waited for hours until late night 10:30pm just to find out that he dropped the baby at his sister's house for all this time while he wasn't there himself (his sister and I do not get along). He doesn't see anything wrong with it and claims they are alsor his kids so he has the right to do what he wants with them without telling me anything.
Is he really right? If not, what can I do next time this happens?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that unless there is some court order to the contrary, either parent has rights to take the children and they do not need permission of the other parent. While it is the courteous thing to do in letting the other parent know, legally the law says he does have the right to do what he wants with the children without permission from the other parent unless there is a court order saying otherwise.