Estate Law

Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.

Estate Law

Can i arrange an inheritance trust in the state of missouri

Customer Question
if i am a resident...
can i arrange an inheritance trust in the state of missouri if i am a resident of florida. i am asking this for my father, as he doesn,t use a computer. his health is not great . he is currently in missouri and does not want to travel back to florida at this time to set up a living trust or will
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Estate Law
8/27/2016
Estate Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Richard, Attorney

Good morning Daniel. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! It will take me just a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Yes, absolutely you can do that. There is no legal requirement for you to reside in the State of Missouri to help your dad set up either a revocable living trust or a will. You can help him from Florida and have Missouri law be the applicable law for either or both. If you want to avoid the process of probate, since you live in another state, I would suggest the living trust. That way the trust document will control his assets and you can avoid the hassle of probate. :)

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Richard, Attorney